I like the idea of doing a TV version of what I’m thankful for.
1. I am thankful for HBOGO and ShowtimeAnytime, which allow me to watch all my cable shows. Even though I’m behind in all of them, at least I don’t have to wait until I’m babysitting at a house with cable or visiting my parents’ house to watch them.
2. I am thankful for all the wonderful network sitcoms, especially the ones I started watching this year: The Middle, Cougartown, Happy Endings, Suburgatory, Community, Raising Hope, Don’t Trust the B in Apt 23, Ben and Kate, and Go On.
3. I am thankful for Leslie and Ben on Parks and Recreation. They have given me so much joy. The rest of the cast is good, too.
4. I am thankful for Hulu for allowing me to watch all my shows without having DVR.
5. I am thankful that Parenthood carries on.
6. I am thankful that there are so many wonderful TV critics and that Twitter has allowed me to follow and connect with them.
7. I am thankful for the moments everyone is in front of their TV watching at the same time: The Olympics, the Oscars and the Tonys, the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
8. I am thankful for the renewal of Bunheads!
9. I am thankful for Awake, whose short season this spring was thrilling, haunting, and beautiful.
10. I am thankful for the Internet, where TV has found an indie home in the form of Web series.